Now is the time to make sure that you have everything ready to go for Fall. Review the information below to ensure that there won't be any delays in your financial aid.
Financial aid was disbursed for the Fall 2018 semester on August 10. Any overpayment of the u-bill will result in a refund and be available via direct deposit within 1-3 business days following disbursement. If your financial aid has not disbursed onto your u-bill please check if the following items have been completed:
1. Log in to MyUNIverse to review your financial aid package.
- Be sure any loans or work-study you would like to receive are accepted. If you do NOT have a financial aid package, review your "To Do List" in your Student Center to determine if there are any documents we need.
2. If you are accepting Direct Loans and borrowing for the first time at UNI:
- Complete Entrance Counseling online at studentloans.gov
- Complete Master Promissory Note online at studentloans.gov
3. If you are receiving the TEACH Grant:
- Complete your annual Online Counseling online at studentloans.gov
- Complete your annual Agreement to Serve online at studentloans.gov
- If this is your first TEACH Grant, sign up for your in-person counseling session online at https://finaid.uni.edu/teach-grant-entrance-counseling-sessions.
4. Turn in any hometown scholarship checks to our office. Once we have received the check, it will become "accepted" on your financial aid package. Our address is available on the left-hand side.
5. If you plan on borrowing a private education loan and that loan has been approved, contact our office to set up Private Loan Counseling
To view your financial aid award on MyUNIverse at http://MyUNIverse.uni.edu, you will need to go through the following steps:
- On the My Page tab, click Go to my Student Center.
- Under the Finances section within Student Center, click on View Financial Aid and then click on the Aid Year (ex: 2017-2018=2018).
- To accept/decline financial aid, click on the Accept/Decline Awards button and indicate if an award should be accepted or declined.
- Once done, click Submit.
If you have any questions, please contact our office.