Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships

Off-Campus Scholarships

Start your scholarship search early in your high school career. Search within your high school and community for additional scholarships. Check into opportunities with your high school guidance office, places of employment, civic or religious organizations and businesses in the community. While your hometown may be the best place to start, don't forget about other off-campus opportunities. Remember that all scholarship searches/applications should be free of charge!

Below are some websites we recommend:

Reporting Off-Campus Scholarships

If you are receiving a scholarship from a source other than UNI, we are required by federal regulations to include these funds in you financial award. You can report additional financial aid online: 

  • MyUNIverse > Go to my Student Center > Finances section > Report Other Financial Aid

Off-Campus Donors (hometown)

When sending checks for students attending UNI, please print and complete the UNI Scholarship Donor Form. Enclose the form with the check(s) and send to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships. If you would like the check to credit for the fall semester, our office should receive the check by July 31. If the credit is to occur during spring term, our office should receive the check by December 15.

Still have questions?

Please refer to our Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions page.