The Roy J. Carver Scholarship is awarded every year to approximately twenty selected UNI students who have pursued their educational goals despite difficult circumstances or obstacles. The scholarship pays $6,000 per year for up to two years of study, provided the student continues to meet all requirements at the University of Northern Iowa.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, graduated from an accredited Iowa high school, or have been a resident of Iowa for at least five consecutive years immediately prior to application
- Attend UNI full time as a junior for the 2019-20 academic year
- Transfer students currently attending a community college in Iowa who will be a junior in the fall 2019 semester are encouraged to apply
- Have at least a 2.8 cumulative GPA
- Present evidence of unusual social and/or other barriers to attending college full time
- Have demonstrated financial need. Your 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) needs to be received at UNI by April 1, 2019. Apply online at www.fafsa.gov