Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships

Work-Study & Student Employment

Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study provides part-time jobs for undergraduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. Federal Work-Study is a limited-fund financial aid program where students are paid for the hours worked at their work-study job. Federal Work-Study is different than other types of aid in that it does not credit directly to the U-Bill. You will receive work-study dollars in the form of a bi-weekly paycheck deposited in your bank account.

To be awarded Federal Work-Study, a student must:

  • Be an undergraduate student

  • Have financial need by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year

  • Request to be awarded work-study when completing the FAFSA

Once awarded, a student must:

  • Accept the Federal Work-Study award on your financial aid award found within your MyUNIverse

  • Look for work-study positions posted on the job board at Career Services

    • If more help is needed in finding a work-study job, contact the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships

  • To receive pay for work-study, you will submit timecards in the Oracle E-Business Suite. A link is available through MyUNIverse

  • Students can track work-study earnings at any time in the Oracle E-Business Suite: UNI Student Employee Self-Service > Student Work-Study Monitoring Sheet

PLEASE NOTE: Students who have not started working by the fourth week of the semester may lose their work-study eligibility. More information about Work-Study is available on our website: Work-Study.

Helpful Guides: